- Scott Duff & Co collects and processes personal information, or personal data, relating to its clients to enable us to carry out your requests which will ordinarily be to represent you and carry out your legal work. This personal information may be held by the Company on paper or in electronic format.
- Scott Duff & Co are committed to being transparent about how it handles your personal information, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018. The purpose of our privacy notice is to make you aware of how and why we will collect and use your personal information both during and after our service. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in our privacy notice.
- For clients of this firm, you should read this notice alongside our general terms and conditions. This notice does not apply to any websites that may have a link to ours.
- Our website does not store or capture personal information. We do however record and store your personal information if you supply it to us by email, letter, telephone or personally. You are not obliged to provide us with such information if you do not wish to do so.
- Scott Duff & Co. will use any personal information that you may provide to us solely for the purposes of marketing, administration and for the provision of Legal Services. We will not provide your information to any third party. We will apply the rules of confidentiality as set out in the Law Society’s Guide to Professional Conduct of Solicitors. We are however subject to the law as set out in the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 which, on occasions, may override such duty of confidentiality.